Saturday, September 18, 2010

putting me last, yet again

So, in classic "me" fashion, this past week I did a sacrificially unselfish act for someone else. I guess it gave me satisfaction in doing it for her, but it put me behind and in a bad financial state as a result.

I don't know why I get myself into situations like this. I like to make people happy. The problem is that I frequently do it at my own expense.....worth about $1800. Yeah.

My problem is this: I'm upset with myself for doing this. Next time, I need to sit and think before I open my big mouth and make unreasonably generous offers to people. Because here I sit at my studio on a saturday night, eating cake, feeling so sorry for myself and mad at myself at the same time. All of this could have been avoided. I worked my ass off this week, and I haven't a penny left to my name.

It kind of ended up being a pretty nice day, I just feel quite a bit frustrated with myself at the end of it.

No comments: